Some U.S. Data
63% of U.S. households are home to at least one person who playsvideo games regularly (3 hours or more per week)
- Average age of players: 35
- 73% of all gamers are above 18 and older
- 41% are female
- The average age of female gamers is 44
- 65% of households own a device used to play video games
- Average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 38
- 77% of gamers play at least one hour a week
- 35% play games on their smartphone
Some U.K. Data
- Average age is 35
- 58% of the gamers on any type of game are male 42% of the gamers is female (Ipsos, Q1, 2016)
- There are now more woman playing mobile video games than man (IAB)
- The average gamers plays for almost 3 hours a day
- The average gamer fights with their partner over their gaming hobby twice a week, with some 15% of people saying they’ve broken up over the amount of time spent gaming.
- The UK is just behind the U.S. in terms of iPad game purchases.
- The world-wide video game industry grew 9% in 2013 and now exceeds $76 billion with projections it will reach over $86 billion by 2016.
- The European market for games is more than $20 billion.
- China and the US lead the pack when it comes to iPhone/iPad games.
- The games industry in India had a significant growth of 138% between 2013 & 2014
- There are more than 2 billion smartphone users in the world
- The mobile phone has become one of the primary uses of internet
- 80% of time on mobile is spent inside apps or games